For those who are unable to enroll themselves in a certification course or are into personal practice, a yoga retreat is a blessing for them. It improves your practice, teaches new styles, provides personalized assistance from an experienced yoga instructor, etc. Moreover, it has its benefits such as it helps you relax and de-stress, detoxes digitally, changes unhealthy habits, inspires you for a healthy lifestyle, etc.
The only challenge people face while planning for a yoga retreat is how to choose the best yoga retreat holiday destination. It is tricky to choose an ideal destination. One must pay proper attention to it or else, it may hinder your experience for the same. For instance, high temperature of the location, incompetent teachers, training restricted to basic or advanced level, particular yoga style practiced, etc.
Therefore, before you finalize a yoga retreat destination, use the following tips:
- Don’t restrict yourself for location: As there are enough suggestions available while searching for the best yoga retreat adventure; don’t limit yourself with the location. Feel free to explore the destination as per your budget or preference. It can either be tropical, cold, warm or around the beach, etc. as per your convenience. If you have budget issues, you may choose Nepal, India, etc. that offers luxury yoga retreats at a sensible price. Thailand can be one of the options if you prefer beaches.
- Practice open for all: If you are an experienced yoga practitioner, you must check if the practice is restricted to basic or advanced level. Try to find a yoga retreat center which is open for all. It allows you to choose the type of practice you wish to pursue while on the retreat.
- Experienced yoga teacher: Though yoga teacher in India or anywhere in the world are experienced; you must check credentials of the yoga teacher before you enroll for a yoga retreat. It gives you an idea of the teacher you will be interacting with. An experienced teacher will help you understand your strengths and weakness and will help you rectify them. He or she will also help you modify your practice as your body’s requirements.
- Distinct yoga styles offered: There are yoga retreats centers that offer distinct yoga styles such as Restorative, Power, Ashtanga, Hatha, Vinyasa, Kundalini yoga, etc. You can either choose a particular style to pursue or experiment with new styles. You may also look for yoga retreat centers that offer a blend of ancient as well as advanced yoga styles.
- Schedule allotted for the retreat: Since the idea behind yoga retreat is to develop a healthy lifestyle; therefore, make sure to check the schedule allotted for the yoga retreat. It should motivate you to pursue the same once you are back to your restless life.
- Complimentary activities along with yoga: While enrolling for the yoga retreat, you must ask for complimentary activities offered by the center. A lot of centers offer extra activities such as aerobics, water sport activities, camping, trekking, Ayurveda cooking courses, etc. You may choose the type of complimentary activity you wish to enroll for along with yoga.
- Price for the yoga retreat: Since a yoga retreat can be planned as per the number of days you are available for; the price may vary accordingly. A weekend yoga retreat can be an inexpensive option for the first time. Whereas, the price may be a little higher for a longer duration. The luxury offered by the yoga center also raises the price for the retreat.
To learn under the guidance of a yoga instructor in India, look for yoga retreats in Rishikesh, Kerala, Goa, etc.