An MBA degree is always considered as the best lifetime investment by parents and students. There is a rapid growth of MBA aspirants every year. There is no other choice or degree which can be compared to an MBA. There are many post-graduation courses which are known to be as equivalent to MBA. But still,an MBA is one of the dominating degrees in the management field. Pursuing an MNA degree from best business school or IIMs is a lifetime and best accomplishment for students. There is a popular management entrance exam known as CAT which is always a buzz between students. Students who crack the CAT exam have huge chances to open the gates of best business schools and IIMs.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is one of the most robust and highly-rewarding management entrance test for the students. The CAT 2019 exam is likely to be organized in November. The official CAT 2019 exam dates are yet not disclosed by the conducting body. The CAT exam is mostly organized on weekends for the students. The CAT exam is conducted annually by any respective IIM. This time IIM Kozhikode will conduct the CAT 2019 exam. In CAT 2018 more than 2 lakhs candidates appear for this exam. This year it is expected that the number of test-takers will increase constantly. The CAT exam is an entrance for students to pursue MBA and PGDM courses in best business schools and IIMs.
- What are the salient features of CAT 2019 exam?
- Innumerable choices of post-graduation programs – CAT offers a wide range of management programs to the students. Students can choose their desired program after the entrance exam and selection process. Students can even pursue their management program in IIMs and business schools.
- Registration window of CAT – There is a 45 days registration window opened for students. Students have to fill and submit their application form during the 45 days to appear for the exam.
- Less expensive exam – The CAT exam is too low and will not hit the pocket of students. Students who belong from general category have to give INR 100 for application. On the other exam students who belong from scheduled caste (SC) and backward class have to pay INR 50 for application.
- No hidden fee for admission –The CAT provides various opportunities for students to gain an MBA degree. There is a single payment of INR 2000 for the students who belong from general category. Students who belong from backward class have to pay INR 1000 for admission process.
- Individual day exam – In past few years,the testing window is compressed to a single day. The exam is conducted in the morning and afternoon periods. In the past couple of years, test window used to be opened for 15 to 20 days. From the last 3 to 4 years, test window is open just for a single day.
- What will be the cutoff marks of CAT 2019?
There is always a declaration of cutoff marks by IIMs every year. Students should know the minimum requirement of scores by IIMs. The expected cutoff marks for CAT 2020-22 batches are as follows:
|Number of IIMs||Expected cutoff marks||Weightage of marks during selection process (in percent)|
|IIM Ranchi||95 marks||98 to 100 percent|
|IIM Udaipur||90 marks||35 to 40 percent|
|IIM Kozhikode||90 marks||70 to 75 marks|
|IIM Visakhapatnam||90 marks||98 to 100 percent|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli||90 marks||98 to 100 percent|
|IIM Bangalore||90 marks||35 to 40 percent|
|IIM Indore||90 marks||15 to 20 percent|
|IIM Ahmedabad||80 marks||65 to 70 percent|
|IIM Calcutta||90 marks||55 to 60 percent|
|IIM Lucknow||90 marks||55 to 60 percent|
- Essential updates for CAT 2019 exam
The official notification and updates will be revealed in the end week of July 2019. Once the official dates and notification is released, candidates have to start filling their application form. The registration process will begin after the release of official notification. The notification will be related to important news about admit card, exam dates, eligibility, new updates etc. Students should be updated with every news to avoid any interruption. The 20 IIMs of India will also disclose essential details related to the admission process and cutoff marks.