Hoteliers and Best hotel management institute in Kolkata face a tough challenge in 2019. Creating and managing a robust presence in mobile-first environment is the main priority. The explosion of mobile customer engagements creates a tremendous opportunities for smart hoteliers to take advantage of this situation.
In 2018, around 28% of bookings, and 25% of room nights came from mobile devices compared to 21% of bookings and 17% of room nights in 2015. In hospitality, 30% of bookings are done with using mobile devices. This percentage share is rising day by day.
Recent data shows that in 2018:
- Around 28% of bookings, 24% of revenue, and 25% of room nights came from mobile devices. If over-the-phone reservations are counted then more than 35% of bookings and 30% of revenue are from mobile devices.
- Around 58% of web visitors and 51% of page visitors were generated from mobile devices.
Hospitality Management College in Kolkata is aware of this mobile-first technology. But the main issue is that whether hoteliers in Kolkata are aware of it or not. Here are the top steps for hoteliers to shift to mobile-first user behavior.
- Invest In Responsive And Mobile-First Website
Hoteliers need to keep the website mobile-first. With around 59% of website visitors now viewing on mobile devices, a fully responsive mobile-first website design. If your website is older than 2 years, it’s due for a redesign. Websites older than two years are often lacking the best practices in technology, design, and UX such as a mobile-first design, content merchandising, Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) and others lead to lower conversions. Slow website download speeds affects the conversion rate of a hotel website, fast download speed drastically changes it. Fast download speeds improve the user experience and increase the user’s desire to purchase from the site.
Website of a hotel must be backed by website technology that includes mobile-first functionality specific to hoteliers’ needs, such as:
- Automated schema markup on the website. Schema markup helps search engines to understand the content and intent of website. These rich snippets make hotel pages appear more prominently on SERPs which eventually leads to higher rank in Google ranking.
- Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) pages which download fast on mobile and wearable devices and are featured as news and info ‘teasers’ in Google AMP teaser section in mobile SERPs. This helps to increase the visibility of hotel and create another entry point to boost mobile visitor and bookings, as well as provider another opportunity to outwit the competition.
- Advanced merchandising technology platform helps to promoting special offers and packages, including final hour deals for mobile users.
- Content personalization capabilities help to target users with unique marketing messages and promotions. Based on the device, users are currently using (mobile vs desktop), their demographic data, geo location, and loyalty member affiliation.
- Promotional banners with live rates that provides real-time availability. Rate information for both mobile users with shorter booking windows and desktop users without booking windows.
- Advanced content management functionality to create and manage custom page layouts designed to showcasing a property in its best form.
A Highly Secure Cloud Hosting Platform
The property website must include the right ideal of beauty and science. An excellent design combined with a state-of-the-heart website content management system (CMS), supported by a strong strategy, and engaging visual content and copy – while providing the best user experience from top to bottom on all devices. This type of website will result in a boost in conversions and revenues from direct online channel.
- Get Engaged With Mobile-First Travel Consumer With Multi-Channel, Multi-Device Marketing
There is top hospitality Management College in Kolkata that teaches it students how mobile-first travel consumer changing the scenario. Keeping travelers engaged and reaching them at different touch pints across their journey requires integrating all marketing channels through all possible screens. Effective multi-channel marketing campaigns utilize the full spectrum of digital marketing to promote single marketing message across all channels and devices. This strategy is the best way to increase reach and boost incomes for a need period.
To achieve mobile-readiness, hoteliers need to invest adequately in a mobile-first website and digital marketing campaigns. Buying and future guests, hotels can drive more direct bookings throughout the total path to purchase, especially from the mobile channel.
Author’s Bio: Biplab Das is known to be a consulting expert for professional hotel management courses. Writing for hospitality management college in Kolkata is his forte.